Lions Club of Essendon Inc
The Lions Club of Essendon is part of a worldwide organisation of approximately 1.35 million men and women who have joined Lions as a commitment to helping others.
Lions Clubs have long been respected for being at the forefront in providing assistance where needed whether locally through to internationally:
- to address needs which are often unmet in our community
- to improve local community facilities with playgrounds, homes, Menâ€™s Sheds and much more.
- to assist the blind and visually impaired. Lions International are proud to have been instrumental in helping to eradicate river blindness in Africa.
- to assist the hearing impaired through the Lions Hearing Dog Program.
- to contribute towards numerous Lions Foundations involving medical research and in many other important areas which raise the awareness of other health issues.
- to offer many youth programs such as Youth Exchange, Youth of the Year, camps, mentoring programs and more.....
- to respond to disasters with on-the-ground assistance such as the recent Haiti Earthquake where hundreds of thousands of dollars are already committed and this is at the beginning of our efforts in helping the people of Haiti. The effort provides food, supplies and healthcare.
- through Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) whose chief mission is to allocate funds and resources to solve major humanitarian challenges worldwide.
Lions take on roles as organisers, advocates, fund-raisers and hands on volunteers.
- Lions may work collectively and individually to build stronger communities.
- United in helping others, we serve more effectively as a group, than alone.
- 100% of every public dollar raised is directed â€œon the groundâ€ for itâ€™s targeted purpose.
- Without the support of those willing to join us, we cannot continue to be this strong force in the community!
You can help by:
- Signing on for membership with your local club
- Being an associate member of Lions
- Sponsoring Lions events, functions and activities
- Volunteering to assist with activities
- Donating expertise, time, goods, funds
- Talking to us to discuss how you can assist.........
Your membership in Lions will:
- make life better for others
- enrich your own life and acquire new skills
- cultivate lasting friendships
- enable you to get to know and develop personal and professional relationships with people in your community -
- enable you to undertake leadership and personal development training
- allow you to choose areas in which you are interested
- broaden your horizons and fulfill your goals
- contribute whatever time and resources you are willing to give - no minimum!
We are the Lions
Join us in making our communities and the world better places to live.
Becoming a Lion
Lions club members are men and women who strive to make a difference in
their local community as well as in communities worldwide. Their
volunteer efforts go beyond the support of vision care, to addressing
unmet health and education needs worldwide.